The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
And these were His very words to me. I had battled them long enough. I fought them constantly in my mind. In my heart. In my prayers. I fought them in front of other people. I fought them to their faces. I fought them through days of anxiety and worry and wonder. Constantly looking out the window wondering when they'd show up next. I wondered how do these people live here under this subtle and not so subtle oppression all their life? I wondered why doesn't anyone stand up to these bad guys? Why doesn't anyone fight?
And the Lord brought me a handful friends who cared. He brought me Baby. He brought me warriors in the faith. He brought me Rudy and Tita. He brought me guards. He brought me all these beautiful reminders me that He has not left me alone to fight. But peace doesn't often come in a physical form and the battle continued on. He constantly reminded me that the battle that I fight has nothing to do with anything on the outside, however it is a battle against my own little faith in His Word and in His promises. The battle going on outside our gates is a battle that is not against flesh and blood. It is not against corrupt men who are out to steal and kill and destroy, rather it is a battle against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers and the spiritual forces of wickedness - not in Chajcoxoj, nor in Chixajau - but in the heavenly places. It is Satan himself that wants to distract us, make us fail, send us home, destroy us.
We started digging for a well since the bad guys are trying to find ways to take our water. I knew just about nothing of wells and such until a few days ago. The well digger was telling me how the land was like the human body with vessels of water running all over it in different directions. It is amazing how the Lord has made the earth. So we are digging down into His creation and trying to find one of those vessels that we can borrow water from and have a source that no one can take from us.
The Lord, maybe tired of my little faith, finally shouted at me. It was like He said, "Be quiet, be still and listen to me. You've been fighting long enough. It's time for you to just be still and watch. Watch me, -I- will fight for you. Watch me, I will win right before your eyes."
And there it was, my peace.
And here I sit quietly within the walls and look out and wait expectantly for the victory that is surely ours.
----
And yesterday, after four years of work, from nothing to finished, we turned in our paperwork to the social worker for him to review and turn in to the government. We have done everything we can do, or the Lord has done it all I should say, and now we have turned the ball over to the government and they will decide when to come and inspect our home. Upon approval, we will present to the judges and have our inauguration and they will begin to place children in our home. What an awesome thing this is and we are ready for it.
"Money doesn't grow on trees; It doesn't fall from the sky; It won't build itself; Don't be naive; You will fail." This is what they told me. "You've created a self-destructing giant; You are in over your head." We have heard and still hear it all. And the devil tempts me to doubt and the Lord gently reassures me that "He who calls you is faithful, He will surely do it."
And with tears in my eyes, sitting in the back corner of our little conference room, we worshiped. While we worshiped and lifted our voices to the Lord, my heart was in awe. What a place He has created here. This is what this place is designed for - worship. This is the "why" for our life. Seventeen of us gathered together for an hour and fifteen minutes. Outside the conference were the rest of our workers, 10 men and 1 woman. Why didn't I invite them in? We wouldn't have all fit for one and they were being paid to work for another, but I think next week I will consider giving them the hour to worship instead of work. To hear the word of the Lord that never returns empty. Maybe we can show one of them the "why" of life, too. Maybe one day we can invite our neighbors and even the extortionists and the bad guys to worship with us. Maybe we can be a glimpse of Jesus to more than just those within our gates. Maybe we can take them by their hands and reassure them that it is never too much, they are never in too deep. Show them that there is always a way out, but there is only the one Way. Maybe, maybe one day.
Here are some pictures of some of the staff. And to see a complete picture tour of the home, please visit Mision Vida Nueva's Facebook page.
Love,
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment