"And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." -God
Today Satan gets a bigger bruise than I do!
So Friday, I let the world of facebook know I was...
"You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."...
yes, doing just that. I really had no idea how quickly people would respond. I'm not planning to leave until August, and the only reason I started so early was because I thought it would take the next six months to sell everything. HA, I was wrong! Today is Monday and almost everything is gone already. So I'm watching little pieces of the life I've worked hard to build, walk out of my door everyday. It feels almost like I'm giving myself away one piece at a time...and then I remember that I am not my things. Now when I say I am selling everything, I don't just mean my clothes and some random picture frames, and candles. I am selling everything. Everything that I come home to, that I wake up to, that I go to sleep to, everything...even my car(which I already sold). All these things make up the story of my 26 years of life...this is not easy to do. There is security in our things, a sense of "home". My home is slowly disappearing. BUT THEN GOD reminds me that my home is not on earth, rather my home is in Heaven. I belong to Him, in Heaven. I'm just visiting here, just visiting you guys and this is a such a blessing and wonderful opportunity I have in my short time here. But God's wants my heart so badly that He gives me the chance to choose what I do here while I visit. I choose Him :) :)
This is an adjustment. A time of change. I haven't been able to fall asleep for the past three nights. Satan is on his A-game and I must be doing something right for him to be attacking so hard. Doubts, insecurities, fears, everything in his book...he's throwing it at me. Today, I forced myself to go to the gym. I don't even know what I was thinking getting a membership...I hate working out with a passion. But I went one place today, yes, the place I least wanted to go. Well, sometime within a 50 minute window, someone decided to smash in my car window and steal my purse.
Let me give you an idea of what they took...the monetary value of all those little pieces of me that walked out my door over the past three days...over $400. They took my driver's license, my social security card, all my gift cards, all my stamps, my translator, and a bunch of special things I keep with me at all times. And, for my last six months in the States, I decided I would drop my insurance to liability only. So yes, you know what that means. I thought to myself, someone might as well have just come to my apartment, smashed in my car window, broke in my apartment, and cleared everything out. This is hard stuff, Satan is my enemy. But I know the only reason the sovereign Lord allowed this to happen was because He KNEW I would praise Him and not curse Him for it. I will praise the Lord for all things in the face of my enemy. He will not prevail. Afterall, they are just things, I still have everything I need at 'home'...
"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Forever!
And although the Seed specifically referred to in Gen 3:15 is Jesus, we still have everyday opportunities to crush Satan's head.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! Only God finds some people worthy of showing them what it truly means to give everything away. He knows the ones who don't complain, who don't murmur, who don't try to remind God of how much they have sacrificed it all for God -people who forget that God never forgets, who don't make light of the hardships and trials He brings across his Children's paths to emphatically declare 'Now I know, you truly fear God ~Gen 22:12'
ReplyDelete"In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see; And if I give but one light to you
ReplyDeletemy life is filled for me. But... In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see; So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee." ~Faye
I am so thankful and filled with encouragement to see how you are faithful to God and praise Him even when you don't want to.
ReplyDelete