I sat there in awe. I didn't know what to say. That is the second girl in the past two weeks the Lord has put in my life that do the exact same thing.
Kisses from Katie
Morgan is going to live in Honduras. She is leaving Alabama this May. She is only 22 and she already is a mommy to one little girl who has no family in Honduras. She has gotten herself an apartment there and will be living with this little one year old named Grace, and three other orphans.
Morgan's Ministry
I guess I'm not as crazy as you all thought after all. What I'm doing has been done many times before. It isn't done without fear, without hardship, without sacrifice, but it is done. And the story ends the same everytime - it is good. I know of a girl who was only 18 when she left her home to be a missionary. She had only a few dollars to her name and no one thought it was possible when she said she wanted to start an orphanage. She went to Calcutta and gave her life to the orphans, the marginalized, the poorest of the poor. Forty-eight years later she was operating 517 missions in over 100 countries. Her name was Agnes, but you probably know her as Mother Teresa.
Am I encouraged? Very encouraged. Is this my calling? Yes, but is it only my calling? No. I do not have to be nervous about God's provision. It has become obvious to me that the Lord has called other people to this ministry as well. I'm not in this alone and I'm not doing this by myself. I am doing this with Emily and with Streeter -not that you know them or anything- and with many other believers that the Lord has called. We are a body and as the body is obedient to it's Head, we all come together and do our individual parts, and something glorious is the outcome.
In this case the something glorious will be that there will be orphans, who do not have food in their bellies, who do not have shoes on their feet, who carry around nothing but the lice on their heads and the diseases in their bodies, who will be accepted. They will be taken in and loved.
They will be fed. They will, for the first time, be shown that they do indeed have a Father who loves them and has a huge plan for their life. They will begin to grow, not only in stature, but in wisdom, in the Word of God, and they will be raised to have such a deep relationship with their Father that one day....this is it, my reason for everything...don't miss it....
to know intimately their Savior.
Amen and amen! I commend you for obeying Yahweh!
ReplyDelete