Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Life That is Truly Life

~they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age,
so that they may take hold of the life that is
truly life~


I am officially "Mision Vida Nueva". Now I am waiting on the Articles of Incorporation to be approved. Then the Board of Directors will hold their first meeting and approve the bylaws. I will then apply for nonprofit status.

I am flying to Guatemala June 5 and will return June 18. I am going with my mom and we will visit an orphanage and look for a temporary apartment for me to stay in when I first get to Guatemala.

I am flying out September 1 at 7am to leave for good. I have an amazing boyfriend who plans to fly me down there, set me up, and then return to the States...his name is Geoffrey. I hope this won't be the last you hear about him :)

While so many people look at me like I am crazy, roll their eyes, drop their jaws, and some even tell me I'm crazy, I'm okay with that. I am okay with not knowing every detail of everything that the Lord is going to do.  He will show me each step of the path,  just enough to keep me totally dependent on Him.

Pray for my people, the people of Guatemala, the children who I will raise up and send out to change a world, their world, by sharing the Love of Christ with one willing ear at a time. Pray because Guatemala is experiencing some terrible things right now. As the drug cartels are making their presence known in Guatemala, many are suffering. This affects the entire country and everyone in it. Just yesterday, a truck of 513 migrants was found in Mexico fleeing to the United States. 410 of the 513 migrants were from Guatemala. Guatemala seems to be a popular place to leave, not to live. Not everyone has $7,000 to pay a smuggler to come to the United States. Most of Guatemala will never even see $7,000. What about them? What will we do about them?

I can't wait to be there. I don't know exactly what I will do, or how God will do it, but I know because I am willing, because I have given my entire life...holding nothing back...to Him to use however He pleases, He will do something huge. He is leading me on a journey where He will show me how to, as Paul explains to Timothy,  "take hold of the Life that is truly Life."


Misión Vida Nueva
Empowering children to change the world.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!!!! Yahweh is good and I am so encouraged to see you depending on him and delighting in him.

    ReplyDelete