Thursday, April 7, 2011

Guatemala Update

For those of you who are wondering here is an update on where I am at:

Mision Vida Nueva (New Life Mission) will 'hopefully' be the name of my ministry. I have filed for the name reservation with the Secretary of State, but apparently everybody in Alabama is trying to incorporate haha and it is taking forever. So once it is reserved, I will file my Articles of Incorporation in Lee County which will end up costing about $200. Once the Articles that I have written are approved, I will apply for an EIN number, and then for nonprofit status (501c3). This way when the Lord moves people to take part in this mission, they can get a tax write-off. I feel like I am learning a whole new language as I am doing all of this by myself.
My Board of Directors includes:
- me, Executive Director, Chairman
-Papa (John Atkins), President, Vice Chair
-Mom (Karen Atkins), President, Secretary, and Treasurer (bless you mom lol).
Alabama requires a minimum of 3 board members.

So once I receive nonprofit status, I expect the Lord will be moving in miraculous ways...afterall He is the One who has called. I will not be writing letters of support or raising support myself, bc this is God's vision and I have no idea what I will need. He knows and He will provide and the Holy Spirit will do all the work of moving on like-minded people's hearts who are willing to listen and make a difference for the Kingdom.

So me and mom will go in June. The 5th-18th according to the plane tickets. The Lord has, of course, put the right people in my path and I have become good friends with 3 extremely god-passionate people from Guatemala who's families still live there in a town called Escuintla. They will "receive me" as they say. They also have 2 lawyers who are close to their families and one is a pastor. They have agreed to help me do everything I need once I get down there.  So during those 2 weeks, mom and I will hopefully get an idea of a small temporary apt which I can stay in that will be near the capital. This way I can get Visa info taken care of and a civil assosiation set up in Guatemala. I will also get registered to be able to legally take orphans into my home which will eventually be called Casa Gloria (Glory House).

This will all begin to happen at the end of August (this year) when I move down there. All I can say is that God knows, and right now only God knows! He is sovereign and faithful and HE will fulfill His purpose for my life. I will just listen to the very next thing He tells me to do today...and by His grace, I'll do it.

So pray Mision Vida Nueva gets reserved quickly as our name and I sell the rest of my belongings.


Love.

3 comments: