Consuming thoughts, consuming time
They hold high their prized posession
That defines the meaning of their lives~
Little Samson had only one purpose for his life: to begin rescuing God's chosen people from the hands of their oppressors.
The Lord had set Samson apart from birth. The Lord had called him before He even began to knit him together in his mother's womb. He grew. The Lord blessed him.
Samson was walking the clear path God laid out for him, even though the people closest to him in life did not understand it. But God's Spirit moved in Samson, and Samson followed His voice.
Samson was moving forward steadily, boldly, and confidently. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a young lion came roaring toward him. This ferocious lion had every intention of stopping Samson in his tracks and devouring him. Samson did not cower, he was not afraid, he did not turn back, he did not run. Samson, because he had been walking with the Lord, simply grabbed the beast with his hands and tore him apart and threw him to the side.
Samson was on God's mission. Like our enemy always does when we are moving in the right direction, he comes at us suddenly, unexpectedly, and with great intensity. He comes at us to steal and kill and destroy. He roams around the earth looking for ones he can devour.
Satan wants the ones that God has set apart from birth. The ones with a purpose. The ones who live their lives for Christ and not for the pleasures of this world. Satan wants the ones who want to make a difference for the sake of the Kingdom of God. Satan wants the ones who walk with a mission, who walk with the Lord at their side.
What is your obsession?
What consumes your thoughts and your time?
What is the prized possesion you hold high,
that defines the meaning of your life?
I say to the Lord: I believe with all my heart that you have called me to begin delivering your precious children from the bonds of slavery, the chains of poverty, the unbearable weight of starvation, the misery of orphanhood, and mostly the darkness of a life with out You. Sometimes I think I may be crazy, but then you remind me that it is the rest of the world who should think I'm crazy. I should be confident; I should walk by faith. With things like 501c3 Nonprofits, Civil Associations, Visa Ordinarias, Permanent Residency, Guatemalan Code of Law, Consulates, Embassays, Insurance, etc, etc...my mind can get bogged down. Not to mention my new responsibilities at my job, the hassle of selling all my things, and balancing my relationships and friendships and ministries here... it can be overwhelming.
But You are my peace and my portion.
I have chosen the path of obedience and know full well that I can not walk it without You at my side.
When Satan comes at me, I will tear him apart and toss him to the side.
You define the meaning of my life.
Thank you for sharing! It is my prayer that I will always thirst after Jesus as a deer pants for water.
ReplyDelete